Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shadow Hawk Chief Librarian

So as I continue adding to my Shadow Hawk Space Marines, I decided that it was time to add some of the characters to the army from the BA army book. One of the first ones that I wanted to put my own spin on was Mephiston. His rules are very good (obviously) in the game and I knew he could be a valuable addition to the army. So I set out to create my own version of the chief librarian for my chapter.


I used a variety of parts to create my version of Mephiston (still haven't named him for my own chapter yet). I started with some robed Dark Angel legs and I added the back torso and cloak from the Space Marine Captain. The front half of the torso is from a Sanguinary Guard. I then added the back cowl from an Empire Wizard before I used a Sanguinary Guard head. To represent the force sword, I added the flaming blade from the Empire Wizard kit to a Marine power sword arm. Finally, I used one of my custom Shadow Hawk shoulder pads along with the shoulder pad from Tigurius to give him the proper librarian markings. His base is from the Dark Age miniatures line of basing products. Overall I am very happy with the way he turned out.

I am currently painting up the rest of my Sanguinary Guard unit for the army before I dive into some vehicles to increase the chapter's armor.

In my next post I will be showing off the finished Sanguinary Guard along with the Astorath conversion I have underway.

4 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! The sword and cowl from the wizard-kit were great additions to the model's librarian-iness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!!
    I second that the sword was a great addition, but the robed legs looks even better!

    Nice conversion!;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I think I will be stealing some ideas from your awesome mini...

    ReplyDelete