Sunday, December 12, 2010

Starting to wrap up 2010...

I can't believe that there are only 19 days left in 2010. What a crazy year this has been! In many ways, this was one of the hardest years I have had in a long time, so I am glad that it is on its way out! I have high hopes for 2011 and beyond.

I have been keeping a running tally on the side of my blog for all the miniatures that I have painted this year. Things started out a bit better than they have finished in the amount of models painted. Since our big move and all in the summer, things have just never gotten back into full swing on the hobby side of things. I still worked a good deal on various projects, I just didn't get nearly as much painted as I would have liked. As we get closer to the end of the month (and year) I will go through that list for a final count.

Anyway, in the 19 days I have left in the year I have decided that I am going to try and finish up some half half finished and somewhat started models to end the year with getting some things done. When we moved in August I had to pack up everything so I have had all my built/primed/unfinished models in various boxes and I have slowly been going back through them and evaluating what I need to finish up. I often get the bug to build/convert something but don't always get it immediately painted. So I figure the best way to end the year is to get some things finished that have sat for a while. Since I didn't do a completely brand new army this past year (first time in a while!) I wanted to remedy that a bit. The closest I came to having a fully new army this year has been for the Tyranids and WFB Daemons. So to end the year, I am going to try and add a few more units to my Tyranids to make them more of a playable force.

My goal for the rest of 2010 is to finish:
4 Raveners
1 Trygon
1 Tyranid Prime
1 Lictor
and possibly 1 Carnifex
If things go quickly on painting those things, I also have my Tervigon conversion from back when the book came out to paint as well.

I plan on starting the new year with some big hobby resolutions (and I still need to get my 8th edition challenge army settled on and sorted - Dark Elves haven't been holding my attention at all). I am hoping to be able to do at least 2 brand new armies in 2011 (one being Dark Eldar, the other I am not sure yet) and also add more stuff to my Shadow Hawks and Orks. Never enough time for all the plans!!

Until next time when I update you on the above goals, have a Happy Holiday season and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment