Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finally an update!

Hello all,
Sorry for the delays in updates! It has been a crazy two months. I left my job to become a full time stay at home dad, we had to travel for a death in the family, and lots of other stuff happening outside of the hobby realm! But I am back to the blog with some updates.

I have been highly anticipating the launch of 8th edition Warhammer in July and I have had a chance to play a few games with the new rules. They are absolutely fantastic and the best WFB rules ever. The game is a lot more fun and fluid now. As I get ready for this new edition, I decided to join the Battle Bunker's 1000 pt army challenge. So I am feverishly building away on the Company of the Emerald Skull. These grizzled mercenaries will be using Empire rules. I am picturing a veteran force of various models and ranges to represent their mercenary nature. More to come on them soon. I did a test model to work out the color scheme on a handgunner and I am really happy with the results.

I am also working on having lots of War Machines in the army (since most of my other WFB armies have no shooting). I have planned lots of small vignettes for them and I have the first base built for a Hellblaster.

I used one of the great Dragon Forge 100mm square blanks to build that up. The fences are from the Warhammer terrain line. This is a fairly basic one and what I have in mind for my first Great Cannon should be fantastic!

Other than the Mercenaries, I have also been finishing up some other odds and ends. One other model I completed was a conversion for Ku'Gath for my fantasy Daemons. I built this a long time ago and I decided I would finally finish it and add a few last minute additions to it.

Well, that's it for this post. I have lots of projects underway and I should have a regular update on the Mercs as I work on them. If you haven't had a chance to see the new 8th edition rulebook yet, get down to your local FLGS who has one and take a look. It is awesome!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THAT GUO MATE!!! Yup the new fantasy book looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the gun and crew finished and on the base Jeff. Send me pictures when done. Ill add it to my gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things have settled down and you can get back to the toys!

    ReplyDelete