Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I demand, RETRIBUTION!

Yes, the bad puns continue. Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are all ready for a few days off to eat vast sums of food, spend lots of money shopping, and hopefully paint some toy soldiers!

I realize it has been a month since my last posting, but I have to say I haven't had much interest in miniatures of late. There is a time each year where I need a bit of a break from the hobby and this year it has been the past few weeks. Sure I still scour the internet each day for news and new models, and I have still bought a bunch of new figures, but the actual time to sit down and paint has not been there as of late. I blame my crappy job, way too many cool new video games (especially the new Call of Duty) and general craziness of this time of year.

I did venture up to Gettysburg about two weeks ago to the Fall In show that HMGS East puts on. It was a decent show. I only went for a few hours on Saturday to roam the flea market and dealers' area. I picked up some models for the recently released Malifaux game from Wyrd miniatures and I am looking forward to painting those up. I also found some great bargains in the flea market (5 Tzeentch Screamers for $2 anyone!).

I have also been reading through the new Hordes Mark 2 rules released yesterday and I am lookign forward to giving them a try. I played some Warmachine Mark 2 last week and I am getting used to the changes and liking what I am seeing.

My Skaven and Space Wolves are still lurking (and now I have amassed a ton of Skaven stuff to paint as well) as are lots of Privateer Press models for Warmachine and Hordes. I have been painting a bit today on some Trollblood Whelps to try and reinvigorate my desire to paint. It is starting to work...

Ok, enough of my ramblings. I am also planning on a Retribution force for Warmachine (hence the pun filled title) and here are some test models I painted a while back for the new faction. I am very happy with the color scheme. Let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. I like the Alt scheme for the Retribution, very nice. Mixing the white and the Green/Grays makes for strong contrast and works well.

    ReplyDelete