Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Deff Dread cometh!

Well, my most ambitious scratch building / kit-bashing project has reached completion. I present the fully painted and ready for battle Deff Dread! This model has really been a labor of love for me and I am pleased with the final results. When I first started painting him I wasn't sure how it would end up. You know how it is when you have a model that just doesn't look write in the midst of painting it. But in the end, I think it came out well and blends in nicely with the rest of the army.



8 comments:

  1. Great job Jeff. I love the double rivets on the body. That is a cool detail..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I'm in love with all the details on the back of the model....especially the little step ladder...very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sweet lookin' scratch build. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice.
    Completely scratchbuilt? Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate it.

    Ron - It is not completely scratchbuilt. If you look at the unpainted pics you can see the body is entirely made from card and the arms and legs are from existing kits. If you haven't see the unpainted build article, please check it out to see how it all began.

    Thanks again!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great Def Dred, as the others have said the detail is really good.
    My youngest son is twisting my arm to make him one now,see what you started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the yellow! Looks great and the scratch effect is effective too

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Dread looks even better than befor, even more imposeing with the colourscheme.

    ReplyDelete