Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rollin, rollin, rollin!

So I had the idea to build one of the new Battle Wagons with all tires on each side. This was inspired by the large Assault Vehicle in Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. You can see that particular vehicle here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Assault_Vehicle/wheeled_A6_Juggernaut

Based on this idea, I began converting my "Rolling Thunder" style Battle Wagon.


The getting wheels to fit took some trial and error, but overall it wasn't too difficult. I had purchased some extra wheels online and they came with additional frames to mount the wheels as you do in the front. Fitting these onto the back part of the wagon helped plan out the location for the wheels. For the middle wheel, I created a support from some plastic tubing. One of the last things I did with the wheels is to add Bad Moon hubcaps made from some old Marauder Miniatures Orc shields. These fit the wheels perfectly and add some great detail to the model.



The metal washer you can see on the right side turret is for placing the turret options. I have one built so far with a big shoota, and I plan on creating others with different weapon and crew options. The washer's center hole allows the various turrets to be mounted with some plastic tubing to keep it in place. This way you can have a variety of swappable turret options.



There are more details to come including additional big shootas, swappable crew, and more!

1 comment: