Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Da Boss's Best Boyz

I recently finished the first part of my Nobz Mob. I am looking to have a 10 man unit in the army, with the Painboy I converted. Here are some shots of the first 4. They are all from the Black Reach set, with one having a Power Claw added to him. The next batch will be made from the new Nobz boxed set and feature some Big Choppas, another power claw, and some combi-shootas. It may not be the most focused unit for combat, but it will provide a good all-around unit for different situations and also give me lots of different Nobz to use in my Boyz units.





6 comments:

  1. Great start, really nice paintjob and brilliantly modelled. Very nice work mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on that yellow.

    Getting it clean enough so that it looks smooth and consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you planning on keeping them fairly 'clean'? It seems like the yellow parts could use some dags or flames to make them look more Bad Moon-y. Also, maybe hitting some of the rivets and metal joins with a thin wash of Bestial Brown and then another of Flaming Orange might be good for that rusty look.

    If you are into that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Fiend, you need more dags and flames Jeff! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is not a lot of room on these guys for dags and flames, since there are so many extra spikes and other things. The others will have them though!

    As for the rust, up close you can see the underlying layer of Tin Bitz a bit more and it has a rusty look to it. I didn't realize until I put these up that some of these pics were pretty blurry when you enlarge them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work. I hope when I get to my Ork's they come out that good.

    ReplyDelete